When is Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan 2018
Those who don't know when is Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan in 2018. The Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan celebration date is 26 August 2018. The Rakhi is one day celebration and celebrated every year on Shravan Poornima according to Hindu calendar in the month of Shravan. It is a festival love and bond between of siblings when sister ties Rakhi on her brother's wrist and he bond to protect her throughout her life by offering Rakhi gifts for her. It is a holy festival that will be celebrated on 26 August 2018 in this year. So, your query when is Rakhi in 2018 is answered here by declaring the complete date of Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan i.e. Sunday 26 August 2018 according to Hindu calendar.
Why or When Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan vary Every Year?
Hindu calendar contains 354.37 days in a lunar year, but a solar year contains 365 days with 12 solar months. This lunar calendars have a variable number of months in a year because of a solar year is not equal to a lunar year, which create difference of 9 to 10 days every year, which is offset every 3rd year. This extra month called Extra month or Adhik Masa. Therefore, sometimes Rakhi festival is celebrated in July month and sometimes in August on Shravan Purnima in full moon day according to Hindu calendar.
- Rakhi celebration in 2018will be celebrated on Sunday - 26th of August, 2018
- Rakhi was celebrated in 2017Monday, the 07th of August
- Rakhi was celebrated in 2016Thursday, the 18th of August
- Rakhi was celebrated in 2015Saturday, the 29th of August
- Rakhi was celebrated in 2014Sunday, the 10th of August
- Rakhi was celebrated in 2013Tuesday, the 20th of August
- Rakhi was celebrated in 2012Thursday, the 2nd of August
- Rakhi was celebrated in 2011Saturday, the 13th of August
- Rakhi was celebrated in 2010Tuesday, the 24th of August